The world is at a crossroads, where the choices we make today will profoundly impact the world our children and future generations inherit. Over the past several decades, human-induced activities have significantly contributed to climate change. The concept of sustainable business has evolved significantly over the past few decades. Historically, businesses primarily focused on profit maximization without considering the environmental or social consequences of their actions. However, in recent years, there has been a paradigm shift towards sustainability. businesses are slowly moving from sole profiteering to making a sustainable socio-environmental impact. However, moving towards sustainable practices requires high economic costs of undertaking sustainable business practices, on the other hand, Greater adoption of sustainable practices impacts the consumers, who have to pay higher premiums for socially responsible products,
Join us on Saturday, November 4, 2023, from 12:00 pm to 01:00 PM at Datascape Auditorium for an enlightening discussion in person.
We are thrilled to present a distinguished panel of experts who will provide invaluable insights:
1. Welcome Remarks by Mahmudun Nabi, Director of Survey Operation & Management at Datascape Research and Consultancy Limited.
2. Dr. Mohammad Raihan Sharif, Associate Professor at Jahangirnagar University, will lead the discussions as our Moderator.
3. Dabaraj Dey from Oxfam Bangladesh will share his expertise on sustainable practices and their impact on our world.
4. Dr. Khan Mehedi Hasan, PhD, Professor & Head of Economics Discipline at Khulna University.
5. Mohammad Shahriar Khan, Managing Director and CEO of NexCraft Limited, and Founder of the Entrepreneur Club of Bangladesh.
Today’s seminar serves as a platform for dialogue, learning, and collective action. It is an opportunity to explore how sustainable business practices can drive innovation, increase competitiveness, and simultaneously contribute to environmental protection and social well-being.
Sustainability is not the responsibility of a few; it is a collective endeavor that requires all hands-on deck. By sharing knowledge and insights, we hope to inspire and empower individuals and organizations to embrace sustainable business practices.